We welcome individuals, schools, non-profit organizations, and companies to place reservations on the costumes they want, to ensure that no one else happens to take your costume on the day you need it!
But most everyone else will use the simple process seen below.
To Reserve a Costume:
- Call or visit the store to find out if we have a costume in the size and style you need. We cannot guarantee that costumes not tried on will fit, so it is best to try on the items to make sure they will be the right size.
- Provide a valid credit card (in person, by fax, or by phone) and dates to place a reservation.
- A reservation is the same binding agreement as a rental. This means that if you cancel or do not pick up your costume, your credit card will still be charged for the rental. There are NO REFUNDS on rentals, but you can exchange it for a different costume if you change your mind.
- If you decide NOT to place a reservation, then you will just have to take the risk of someone else walking off with your perfect costume!
To Rent a Costume:
…it’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3
- Bring the rental costume you want to the front counter and tell us your contact information and the dates of the rental period.
- Provide a valid credit card for the Security Deposit and payment for the Rental. The Security Deposit is the replacement value of the costume and is never actually charged to your card unless you ruin the costume or fail to return it. The methods of payment we accept for the Rental cost are: Visa, Master Card, Discover, Check, and Cash.
- Enjoy your costume and take care of it during the rental period, and then bring it back on the same hangers on or before the return date.
…also known as “the fine print”
- The Costume Shoppe assumes absolutely no responsibility for anything that may occur while lessee is wearing the costume.
This may include intergalactic bar fights, Roman gladiator combat, and photos with the Easter Bunny.
- The Costume Shoppe will make adequate substitution of costume should circumstances occur in which a costume becomes unavailable.
Case example of when this might happen: one scurvy pirate may keep YOUR reserved pirate costume out later than they should, and we would have to plunder our treasure chest to find you a suitable replacement. Aargh!
- Costumes are to be returned on the same hangers (and with the same bags if they went out in bags).
- We horde our precious hangers, so please bring them back!
- Costume rental period is 24 hours unless specifically noted on rental agreement. Additional rental fee up to replacement value of costume could accrue for costumes not returned.
So get thee back on time, ye scoundrel!
- The cost of normal washing and care is already included in the price of the rental. However, if your costume requires special stain care or repair, additional fees may be applied, up to the replacement value of the costume.
So stay away from such treacherous places as “Mustard Mountain” and “Cigarette Burn Canyon” or else pay the price, buddy!
- There are no refunds on reservations nor rental costumes. If you do not pick up the costume, your rental fee will be charged to your credit card.
- We do not guarantee that costumes not tried on will fit.
- Back to The Costume Shoppe home
- Contact Us
- Map & Location
- High School Musicals/Plays
- Halloween Costumes
- Face Paint and Theatrical Makeup
The Costume Shoppe
116 Division St. W.
Maple Lake, MN 55358